The lady is a magnificent blessing to us all. She is living with stage four breast cancer, taking heart from the support of family and friends too numerous to count.

IN MEMORIAM

Thursday, October 16, 2008

This morning Lally had breakfast with us and then had to be heading home to NH. We had a amazing week together. We look forward to her return in a few weeks.




A kiss goodbye







At noontime we had our first visit with Jesse, a pastoral counselor from hospice. This was a time to get acquainted, explore spiritual roots and take time to face the pain we now feel. Mercy joined our discussion when she arrived for lunch.




Kate arrived from VA to spend a few days with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"All my bags are packed I'm ready to go - standing here outside your door - hate to wake you up to say goodbye - but the dawn is breaking it's early morn"-how does the rest of that one go? Martha and I used to sing it together once upon a time.
My trip back to Derry went very well (thanks, Marita ) door to door in 8 hours with two brief stops. My visit was both a pleasure and a privilege. Oh yeah, now I remember. "Kiss me and smile for me - tell me that you'll" wait - wait tonight I'll tell you. I'll be picturing your sweet face and looking into those precious eyes of life and love until the next time I see you.
Marita van der Have
Woman of courage.
Most amazing of sisters.

- Lal